Hailing from New Brunswick, Canada, Mike Biggar blends a heartfelt mixture of thoughtful lyrics with powerful vocals and 'larger-than-life' stage presence, the sum of which creates a memorable, stand-out live performance experience that is nothing short of an explosive chemical reaction.
Whether it be a solo appearance or fronting his band 'The Big Breakfast Special', Mike's fun-loving, infectious personality and love of life come pouring out through his songs and stage presence, resulting in a high-powered entertainment experience.
Roots Rock melodies are flavored with hints of blues and R&B, all soulfully laced around honest lyrics about life, struggle, love, and faith. Thoughtful songwriting is punctuated with just the right blend of insight, humor, all out fun and unforgettable 'in the moment' on-stage antics.
Mike's musical pedigree stretches back to childhood, learning to sing, perform and handle a crowd from the age of six, singing solos in church. A veritable lifetime of music has resulted in extensive performance experience as a singer, drummer, and guitar player. He has toured throughout Canada and the Eastern United States in various musical incarnations, and has been a part of numerous recording projects - both his own and as a featured performer for others. Mike has performed for crowds in excess of 10,000 and has shared the stage with large-scale Nashville bands such as Jars of Clay, Canadian icons such as Jay Semko (Northern Pikes), and regional powerhouse successes like Matt Andersen.
Mike's latest work as a solo artist incorporates a level of performance dynamics in keeping with his background and experience, mingling his soulful vocal talents with mature, robust songwriting and fronting his band of dynamic, veteran performers.
The Mike Biggar Buzz is growing:
- Mike has been selected to be showcased as a rising star at the 2010 East Coast Music Awards "Discovery Stage" in Sydney, Nova Scotia in March 2010
- Mike has been featured in weekly provincial arts & culture publication HERE Magazine as 'up and coming NB artist'
- Feature live interview on local CBC radio morning program
- Numerous live appearances on local university radio
- Sharing the Stage-Matt Andersen: Mike was a featured onstage vocalist for Matt Andersen CD/DVD live concert event, October 2009.
- Sharing the Stage-Jay Semko: Mike has drummed for and performed with Jay Semko, lead singer, songwriter and bass player for The Northern Pikes, December 2009
- A burgeoning schedule of live appearances gives testament to the groundswell following this soulful roots rocker is garnering.
Mike's first EP - "Mike Biggar and The Big Breakfast Special" was released in October 2009, to the delight of his ever-growing fan base.